GETTING TO ANGUILLA
Anguilla is located in the British West Indies, in the eastern Caribbean, about an hour east of Puerto Rico by air and 7 minutes north of St. Maarten by air or twenty minutes by boat.
There are a few ways to get to Anguilla. Visitors can fly directly into Anguilla's Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport’s 5,000 ft runway from San Juan, Puerto Rico or opt to fly directly to St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Thomas or St. Kitts for easy transfer to Anguilla:
- Cape Air and Anguilla Air Express from San Juan
- LIAT from St. Thomas, St. Kitts, and Antigua
- WINAIR, LIAT, and Anguilla Air Services from St. Maarten
- Winair (1-866-466-0410) offers scheduled daily service between Anguilla and St. Maarten.
- Private charters can also be arranged with Anguilla Air Services (264-498-5822).
Contact information for Caribbean carriers:
- Anguilla Air Services - www.anguillaairservices.com
- Cape Air - www.capeair.net
- Anguilla Air Express - email@example.com
- LIAT - www.liatairline.com
- WINAIR - www.fly-winair.com
To St. Maarten:
St. Maarten is the closest island to Anguilla, with many flights arriving daily from around the globe. Once in St. Maarten, it is easy to get to Anguilla by short flight, private boat charter, or ferry. Flights into St. Maarten’s airport include:
- American Airlines from Miami
- Delta Airlines from Atlanta
- US Air from Charlotte
- American, Delta, US Air, JetBlue and United from the New York area
- Air France from Paris
Ferries: Anguilla / St. Martin
Ferries are a popular way to travel between Anguilla and St. Martin. Between 7:30AM and 7:00PM, ferries run at approximately 45-minute intervals between Blowing Point, Anguilla and Marigot Bay, St. Martin every day. No reservations are necessary. Ferry crossings are $15 each way, plus $5 departure tax. Last ferry of the day is at 6:15 p.m from Anguilla and at 7:00 p.m from St. Martin. Ferries are also available for charter.
There are several options for transfers to Anguilla from Princess Juliana Airport in St. Maarten.
- Private Boat Charter/Motor Launch
- A 25-minute boat ride departs from the nearby lagoon at Princess Juliana Airport and disembarks at the Blowing Point Ferry Port in Anguilla. Guests must first clear Immigration and Customs in St. Maarten and then proceed to Anguilla. Maximum 12 persons per private charter.
- GARFIELD SEA TOURS: 1-264-235-7902
- FUNTIME CHARTERS: 1-866-334-004
- LINK FERRIES: 1-264-235-3290/1-264-729-9418
- GB EXPRESS: (264) 235-6205/(011) 599-581-3568 (SXM)
- NO FEAR SEA TOURS: 1-264-235-6354
Travel Documents You'll Need
A valid passport (with at least 6 months before expiration) is required by all visitors to Anguilla. Visitors are required to have a return or onward ticket. Additionally, citizens of certain countries will also need entry visas. Green card holders must have a valid green card and valid passport from their country of origin.